Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nebraska, Wyoming, and Colorado



July 11, 2009
Today we drove a long ways. Yesterday we did the same thing. Last night we stayed in a Walmart parking lot. There were not too many campers, but there were a lot of tractor trailers.


Yesterday we were in Wyoming. We went horseback riding, but we didn’t get to gallop. My horse’s name was Hoss and it was a boy. It was pretty fun and we were in a big field. It was this little ranch and there was a baby horse, a baby llama, and there were cows and ponies. We also saw ostriches!

Now we’re in Nebraska. We see fields of crops like corn. Right before we left Colorado, we went down a river on boogie boards. And it was a white water river. There were these little waterfall things. Kayaks would do tricks on them. My board was facing up the river, and it was going kind of diagonal. It would make like a whirlpool that pushed me up the river! I felt like I was just sitting on the water!

We saw the Galvins again and went for a walk. We also spent the Fourth of July together. I was crying the whole time because I was just so annoyed by getting bullied by Will. We ate angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. It was really fun seeing all the fireworks.
Then we went to a giant beer place named Coors, and I got as much soda as I wanted. I learned how they make beer, and you have to be 21 to drink it. Also we went to Buffalo Bill’s Museum, the cowboy. The reason he was called that is because he was really good at hunting buffalo. I wore a cowboy hat and sat on a fake horse. Colorado is a cool place, and it’s fun to be there. I hope Dad gets a job at Colorado!



Also we went and saw the police department for my Cub Scouts. Police are very special because if there were no police, bad guys would run around and kill people. The officer showed us tasers and guns. I got to sit in a police car and make the siren go.




Ben got a big puffy eye and he had to go to the Children’s Hospital. They did surgery on him, and he looks fine now. He was in there for five days. I want it to be the end of his eye problems.
We saw Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen. It was really awesome because they did big fights.

No comments: